Monday, April 16, 2007

Routine is a good thing

We had another mini vacation this weekend. It was my BILs 30th birthday, so we went out to their house, by the beach, for a nice little shebang. It's always nice for me to go there and reconnect with my SIL. You know, an adult whose brain hasn't been corrupted with Barney and Dora the Explorer and whatever other obscure thing that has crept into my mind and assumed the erroneous title of Normal. You know, adult conversation. ;)

But things have been tough to get back to around here. We still haven't found that post-vacation groove again - silly kids just want to play all day! (Thankfully though, they have rediscovered other ways to play besides watching tv. I'm sure everyone being 100% healthy (knock on wood) helps too!) Anyway, around 2:00 when I finally got Greyson to fall asleep, I dragged out the ol' phonics and math books. It's been a while since they have seen daylight, the phonics especially, and I got quite a few sighs. Luckily the phonics lessons was mostly a game of Eye Spy where you had to read your clues, so it was fun. Well, I thought it was fun. When we finished all the clue cards Cameron said, "Whew! That's finally over!" I guess it wasn't that fun afterall. Next was a math lesson on multiplication. He spent half the time doodling squiggly lines all over the place. I finally stopped it by grabbing a big eraser, lol. I told him that he had plenty of time all day to doodle and draw squiggly roller coaster lines and that math was for straight lines. I'm so not fun. :P

But what does look like fun is Artistic Pursuits. My copy of Book 1 just came in the mail today and I can't wait to get started. In fact, if I stop blogging now I'll have a couple more minutes to look through it before t-ball practice. Oh, but then I won't be able to tell you about how C&C have been playing Barbies all day, lol. He'll probably appreciate that fact when he's 14. ;)

No comments: