Monday, April 23, 2007

iMoron

You'd think someone like me would be reasonable computer literate and possibly even internet savvy? ROFL, yeah, you'd think. Apparently not. I just got a new iMac and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the stupid thing to connect to our stupid wireless network. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I have a cheat sheet full of ip addresses and random numbers of all ports and sorts and I don't really have a clue what any of it really means. I mean, I know what an ip address is. I know what a port is. I even know what a server daemon is, but I do NOT know where to plug all this damn crap into the friggin network setup!! Arrrggghhhh! I can't even find the right menu options!

I guess the problem is that I theoretically know what all this stuff is (or I did a couple years ago) but I've just let dh deal with it all and so I don't really understand the specifics. I am lost without him. Eeek. Hopefully he can talk me through it tonight.

So that's what I've been doing all day today. Swearing at the computer. C&C have just been amusing themselves with LEGOs and a balloon pump. Don't ask. ;)

2 comments:

G said...

Okay, I *have* to ask... Legos and a balloon pump?

Paper Dali said...

Augh. So sorry. I leave it all up to DH, so I am of no help. I used to be able to do all that hardware stuff, but got lazy (and ignorant) when DH became the expert.

OK. You have to answer G's question. LOL