Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Right on Schedule!

Well, maybe not right *on* schedule but we're getting there. I printed, "laminated" in page protectors, passed out, and hung up our new Chore Charts today. The kids have had a great time doing their little chores to be able to put a check mark in the right spot. Theirs say:

    A.M.
  • Get dressed
  • Make bed
  • Brush teeth
  • Do one other chore
  • Do schoolwork

    Afternoon
  • Pick up toys
  • Pick up dishes & laundry around the house
  • Fix couch cushions
  • Do one other chore

    P.M.
  • Pick up dinner dishes/clear table
  • Pick up toys
  • Brush teeth

    Weekly
  • Change sheets
  • Straighten bedroom

And the "one other chore"s that they can choose from are things like wiping down cabinets, cleaning doorknobs, dusting the blinds... all the little stuff that they can easily do but just never gets done around here.

My schedule is rather FlyLadyish... and I'm not doing as well as they are as keeping up on it, lol. I'm going to blame that on the fact that I've had to walk them through theirs. But anyway, here it is:

    A.M.
  • Get showered, dressed & ready for the day
  • Make bed (I am so bad at that, lol)
  • Shine master bathroom
  • Start a load of laundry
  • Shine kitchen

    Afternoon
  • Clean a "Hot Spot"
  • Check laundry
  • Clean in one room (for about 15 minutes)
  • Plan dinner

    P.M.
  • Clean & sweep kitchen
  • Clean a "Hot Spot"
  • Shine kids' bathroom
  • Find some "me" time

    Weekly
  • Change sheets
  • Vacuum


We all got through our morning chores all right (though I don't know that I ever actually got the kitchen "shiny" lol) but it's already 4:30 and no one has started on their afternoon chores yet. That is mostly due to the fact that we didn't get school started until 12:30 or 1:00 and then we went to the store and have only been home about a half hour or so, but still...

School was the usual - one phonics lesson, one math practice page (the last one before we start the "division by 2's and 3's" chapter), two pages of spelling, and one grammar lesson (Aesop fable of the Crow and the Pitcher) for Cameron and one more line of the Consonant Rhyme and a couple pages of Go for the Code for Cassia.

OK, we have to get some of these "afternoon" chores done before the sun sets and it looks like I'm running out of time. ;) Thanks for all the well wishes in the last post, everyone. :) It means a lot to me.

2 comments:

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

ROFL!! I love the afternoon chore of "Fix Couch Cushions." Because you just know they're going to be messed up every single day. Too funny (and eerily similar to my house)!!

G said...

Great chore lists! Ours are quite similar, though I don't have laminated charts (yet).

Thanks for help with the link! I finally got it on there, though I may end up tweaking it a bit more.