Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Meet BlobbyBerm


I am so sorry if I worried anyone. I've just been crazy busy. Everything is fine. We got BlobbyBerm's first portrait yesterday. Can't see much - ok, can't see anything, lol - but everything looks good. Blobby is measuring a little big, 5wk6d instead of 5wk2d, but looks fat, round, and healthy. I got my first round of bloodwork yesterday too and go back again Thursday and Monday. They said they can't give me any results on the numbers until Friday. I go back in two weeks for another u/s. Hopefully we will see a heartbeat then. It was just too early this time. The only downside is that I was prepared to tell the kids as long as this appointment went well but DH said that he doesn't want to until we hear a heartbeat. Argh! I don't know if I can keep it from them for two weeks!

I also took Greyson in for his bloodwork yesterday. He was not thrilled. Thankfully my less than militant approach to Chinese toy recalls has not had any adverse affect on his lead levels. I was actually a little worried about that, lol. They said something about his blood cells being a little small though which indicates that he may be on the verge of an iron deficiency. She said it was nothing to worry about though, just to push meat, eggs, peanut butter, and green leafy veggies. Again, it's probably due to his digestion problems that took me way too long to pick up on. Bad mommy!

On the school front, we did the bare minimum yesterday (Phonics, Spelling, Grammar, and Math) in between appointments. Today was the monthly 4-H meeting so that and grocery shopping pretty much took up the entire day. Well, as much as the day as I was willing to participate in! LOL! A really cute thing did happen at 4-H though. It was presentation day so this adorable little girl was playing a dulcimer as her presentation. She started out by saying that it was from the Smokey Mountains. When it was Q&A time, Cassia asked, "Is Smokey Mountain a song or a volcano?" LOL. The little girl handled the question with grace though and explained that it was actually a National Park on the edge of Tennessee.

So that's the news. I feel good. That wave of nausea seems to have only lasted about a day. The exhaustion only hits in the late afternoon now, so that's helpful. Now I just need to not think about those HCG levels since they're not going to tell me anything about them until Friday at the earliest. Gotta love modern technology. *roll eyes*

Oh, and Greyson has mastered a new skill: doorknobs! The babyproofing must now expand to ALL rooms! Eeek!

4 comments:

vegiemama said...

Yay, I'm glad things are looking good so far. Hope you get to see/hear that heartbeat next time around :-)

G said...

Phew! I was getting worried there. So glad to see Blobby (and my C&C were fascinated by it). Happy things are looking right so far!

Oh, and I had a dream last night you had a baby already. I won't tell you which gender it was ;)

Vanessa said...

Well, hello there, Blobby! Lookin' good! :)

Paper Dali said...

Yo, Blobby, whaddup? Nice to see you! : )
Keep us posted on Blobby, girlfriend. We're going through this vicariously with you. 'kay?

And Sebastian got the same iron deficiency thingy, too. Argh. I've been pushing scrambled eggs and peanuts now as if I've stock in their companies. Sheesh.