Friday, May 11, 2007

Quietish day

Well, I am happy to report that both of the boys seem to be doing much better today. Greyson had one little outbreak of spots this morning but it went away with some Benadryl and never came back. Woo Hoo! Cameron is much better too. No fever and just some congestion and LOTS of energy. Cassia seems to be on the verge of coming down with it though. She sounded a little stuffy and was going back and forth between cranky and crazy all day. She totally threw a temper tantrum by the drawing wall in Trader Joe's and started screaming and throwing crayons at Cameron. :O Yeah, that was fun. I was tempted to pretend they were someone else's kids (lol, just kidding) but I just went and scooped her up and she calmed down pretty quickly. It was like that all day. I finally put her to bed at 7:30 and she went right to sleep.

So the kids just spent the day playing LEGOs and drawing and doing dot-to-dots. I spent the day importing Beethoven's Wig and Themes to Remember into iTunes and making genre-specific playlists. Now I just need to figure out where I want to get the full music pieces from. Pay $25/year for Classical Archives? Go through the hassle of tracking down pieces through Classic Cat only to find that you can't actually save the mp3s? Try to hunt them down at the library? Give up completely and just buy them on cd? I think I will end up buying The Messiah eventually anyway. My mom and my sister sang in it each Christmas for years... such great memories. I used to go to all the rehearsals and just dream of the day when I would be old enough to sing in it too. Everytime I hear the Hallelujah Chorus I will end up singing snipets of all the songs for weeks, lol.

Oh, so where was I? Oh yeah, what to do about the full pieces of music? Any tips would be welcome. Next week I really need to crack down on my history planning. But right now I'm off to watch an old Audrey Hepburn movie. I love her. I think she is just about the cutest thing ever.

2 comments:

Paper Dali said...

Yay, I am so glad that the boys are feeling better. :D And I hope that Cassia sleeps off whatever is ailing her.

I love Trader Joe's. Although when I go, I swear that all the people there are amazed that any person would take three kids to the market. LOL It's usually old people shopping for a few sundry items, or younger folks buying The Perfect Wine for a party. *grin*

And, hey, thanks for all the sweetness on my Comments. I so needed a big old hug and a You Can Do It. Thank you. I wish you lived down here, but I am mighty glad to have ya, girlfriend. (hug)

naturalmom said...

Glad the kids are feeling better and you had a good day. Have a nice weekend!

Stephanie