Friday, March 02, 2007

Sunny Days

The sun did, in fact, come out today for our park day. It was GORGEOUS! Warm, sunny, not a cloud in the sky! This meant that we were able to share cupcakes with one of our park friends to celebrate her 4th birthday. Yippee!! We love cupcakes, as I've mentioned more than once. ;) Unfortunately, only a couple other families were there so that meant that each kid ended up eating like 4 cupcakes each! :O Yes, you read that right. Four EACH. I think we might need to do a unit study on moderation, lol.

I didn't manage to get us organized enough to get any schoolwork done before we left, but I did manage to print out a Basic Facts Worksheet for Cameron to do in the car. I even remembered to bring it, a clipboard, and a pencil along! He did pretty well on it too. At one point he asked me what six plus six was and I answered him by asking what five plus five was. He said, "Well, five plus five is ten so one more on each makes it twelve, right?" By George, I think he's got it.

After we got home from the park, I had him do some reading. It was a little rough going, since it was so late and everyone was so tired (everyone fell asleep on the way home!) but we got through an entire two page lesson reviewing the different sounds for "ea" and then learning the sight words "to," "do," and "who."

And that makes two weeks in a row where we've done school all five days in the week. Yay us!

3 comments:

Meesh said...

And you blogged 5 days in a row- detailed- YOU ROCK!

Paper Dali said...

ROFL
I've never read another blog that mentioned cupcakes as much as you do. It seems like they always coincide with homeschooling somehow. ;-D

So if I set out a BIG plate of cupcakes with mile-high frosting and a thousand sprinkles, I'll catch some of you guys for a visit? LOL That'd be neat, eh?

And I love that you're blogging so frequently. Yay, you!!!!!!

Good use of time in the car, too, lady. We try to do that, but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Glad it worked for ya'll.

G said...

I don't know, I think mine might tie for cupcake-mentioning, but only recently.

I am really glad everyone enjoyed the many cupcakes!