Sunday, December 02, 2007

Pretend it's Friday

LOL, slacker me! I forgot to post on Friday and then I meant to do it Saturday but didn't and now I just realized that I better do it now or I will forget what work we did on Friday (and my tracker/planner is about a month behind again!).

So Friday was park day and that means a slightly lighter day. We skipped History and I was actually going to skip Grammar and Phonics but we ended up doing it anyway! Cameron started with copywork: On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree. LOL, he loved it. He has been obsessed with that song, making me sing it over and over until he had gotten it memorized. He saw the page of copywork, gave me a sly look and said, "What does that say?" I said, "What do you think it says?" and he proceeded to read it to me... except he keeps saying "pearrage" instead of partridge. Next was math and the continued work on the twos times table. After math, he asked to do Grammar. Like I said, I was going to skip it but I didn't want to deny the poor child. ;) Then he asked if we were going to do Phonics next and again I couldn't deny him. OK, he didn't really ask to do it but he asked about it so I took that to mean that we should. It all went well.

Then we went to the park where nothing extraordinary happened except that we all ended up leaving by 4:00. That almost never happens! We usually stay until 5:00 but it was cold and windy.

Saturday (and I guess I should be glad that I forgot to blog on Friday or else I probably would forget to write about this) Greyson had his first gymnastics class. It's a free play class for one to three year olds. There were lots of kids there. He was terrified. The poor little guy clung to me and whimpered the entire time. Cassia was pretty nervous her first time too, so I was expecting it, but I was a bit surprised at how long he was scared. He's usually so friendly and outgoing! Everyone always comments on it, so he must be unusually friendly too. But I just sat down on a mat and let him sit in my lap and people watch or climb up into my arms when he needed to. Finally, five minutes before the end of the class, he got brave and decided to stand up. And then he stood on a folded mat without freaking over the coldness of it on his bare feet. And then he jumped. And then he laughed. And then he jumped off and laughed and got back up on it over and over and over again. Motorboat, Motorboat rides on a parachute are the last thing that they do before everyone leaves and it was at this point that Greyson decided that this was fun and took off running and playing. He was bummed (and so was I) to have to leave just when he was starting to have fun, but hopefully next week he will warm up to it a little faster.

In other Greyson news, he fell off of a chair last night and bonked his eye on the table. It's a wooden table with rounded edges, but somehow he managed to cut his eyelid and we had to take him in to get it glued. Here's a picture or two of his shiner. I couldn't get him to turn his head the right way though.

And here's a picture of Cassia just because she wanted to have her picture taken too. ;)

No comments: