Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Due Date to me!

Well there we go, today is the day. Looks like little Blobby has decided to be just like his brothers and sister and remain warm and cozy inside for as long as possible. But that's ok. I think I'm finally ready. I just got all the baby clothes put away yesterday, lol. Oh wait, I still need to rearrange the changing table to fit both newborn and Greyson size diapers on there. (Have I mentioned that after completely mastering the potty, Greyson decided he was no longer interested and went totally back to diapers?? Ugh.) Now it's time to just wait and wonder. I actually love this part best. I made it to the due date. It really is going to be any day now!

We never made it to the Jelly Belly Factory on Wednesday. Cassia woke up feeling sick. It wasn't anything serious, just a stuffy nose, light cough, and then one brief case of throwing up a tiny bit of "icky water" but I didn't want to risk her getting carsick on the drive over. DH was working at home so we left her there watching Mermaidia and the rest of us went on a quick trip to Mrs. Grossman's for sticker grab bags to make her feel better. She was a little disappointed that she couldn't come too, but the giant mass of stickers did the trick. Cameron read her a story, but that was the extent of schoolwork. He had asked to do some (ok he asked if he could play video games anyway) but the books were in Grandma C's room and she was taking a (very LONG) nap after the excursion.

Thursday Cameron woke up feeling not so well. His feel better movie of choice was Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, lol. Then the kids spent the rest of the morning playing card games with Grandma. I took Cassia to ballet in the early afternoon and spent a very nice hour just sitting and reading. When we got home and Greyson went down for his nap, Cameron was feeling better so Grandma C took C&C (lots of Cs in our family, lol) out shoe shopping and I got to spend yet another nice quiet hour reading. And then they still weren't home so I went ahead and rearranged dresser contents so I could put baby clothes away.

Today is Favorite Park Day. I promised our park friends that the only way we would miss would be if something miraculous happened last night. Well, it didn't, lol. As far as the kids that are already here... Cassia seems to be all better, just a slightly stuffy nose, and Cameron, well, I think a decongestant will do wonders for him. It's one of those tough decisions where on one hand, I don't want to keep them home because they really need to get out but on the other hand, I certainly don't want anyone sick. I already warned them that if anyone is sick then they can't visit NewBaby in the hospital and I really don't want to bring a newborn home to a house of sickies either. So hopefully, this congestion thing will stay mild and Blobby will hold out a few more days until all the germies have moved on.


naturalmom said...

WooHoo! Any time now! Mine all hung in there a little late too. I had to chuckle at how you are only now about ready. That was me this time last year. As a matter of fact, I went into labor on a Friday (Sept. 14). I spent the whole first part of that day running errands because I had a feeling it was going to happen soon and I had a bunch of stuff to do, lol. (Including picking up my prescription for post-birth vicodin. Thank *GOD* I fit that in -- those 3rd baby after-pains are killer!) Sure enough, Ethan was born in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

One. Whole. Year. Ago! I hope time doesn't fly quite so fast for you and your babe, but I bet it will. Enjoy every moment, even the waiting!

Stephanie, who'll be checking often for "news"!

G said...

I'm dying to hear that the baby has arrived... have you guys chosen a name?

Can't wait!

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

Don't leave us hanging! Can I assume you haven't posted b/c you're giving birth?? Many prayers for a happy, healthy delivery!